Do You Know Who the Fuck I Am?
One of my track kids had the misfortune of being dumb enough to argue some dinosaur trivia with me last night at dinner. Not only did he argue, but he was flat wrong. He doesn't yet know the magnitude of his folly, but I'm sure he'll figure it out somewhere around his 15th quarter mile repeat tonight.
The rest of dinner was just swell. We stopped at Pizza Hut after Spirit of Pre Track Club's first indoor race of the season last night. Out of the hundred some odd registered athletes in the club, three runners chose to participate in the meet held mere minutes away at Eastern's Bowen Field House. Believe it or not, that's exactly how I like it. I'm sure I would have lost my mind if too many more showed up, each one lost and fucking up in their own special little way, next to me, lost and fucking up in my own special little ways. Not that anything went terribly awry, it's just that taking three cool kids is much more fun than a band of misfits.
.
The rest of dinner was just swell. We stopped at Pizza Hut after Spirit of Pre Track Club's first indoor race of the season last night. Out of the hundred some odd registered athletes in the club, three runners chose to participate in the meet held mere minutes away at Eastern's Bowen Field House. Believe it or not, that's exactly how I like it. I'm sure I would have lost my mind if too many more showed up, each one lost and fucking up in their own special little way, next to me, lost and fucking up in my own special little ways. Not that anything went terribly awry, it's just that taking three cool kids is much more fun than a band of misfits.
.



3 Comments:
At 4:14 PM,
mara said…
dino-mite.
why didn't ya post the context for your battle of saurian skills?
At 8:14 PM,
reno mac said…
as far as dinosaur trivia battles go this one was pretty lame. and that's saying something.
but basically he needed to brush up on his standard dimensions of both mongolian and north american late cretaceous dromaeosauridae.
At 9:18 PM,
Anonymous said…
NERD!
Post a Comment
<< Home