monkeypuke --- the sort of blog only kyle's mom would read

Friday, January 13, 2006

Last Night, Hastily Recorded: DetroitRockAbductionCrisisInChicago... Naturally.

Dream One:
Dream One begins in a dark, dilapidated flat with not enough walls in the middle of Detroit. There is some brief chit-chat with Marshal Mathers, who lives there, and then it's off to the races, zooming around D-Town at night, going to various parties. At some point in time, Detroit becomes Ann Arbor, which is bloated to about 400,000 residents or so, and is probably in Georgia or Tennessee. More parties in places with not enough walls, but at least with people I actually know. Then come the robots. Faceless robots ranging in height, shape, and function from leggy death-machines with gun-arms to squatty cylindrical diplomat-bots, who more or less just get blown up. It's still night time. The party I'm attending in a tall, square, house-ish building with not enough walls is out of drinks. They have all sorts of coolers and glass cases and such around the food/bev area downstairs, but I really want a frappaccino or some orange juice or something and they're out. Then the party gets blown up by some deathbots, whose machine gun arms prove effective enough at shredding brick and mortar, thus weakening most any building (with already not enough walls) to the point of collapse at an alarming rate. Interestingly, no one perishes. This is roughly where I think I gain the ability to inhabit a robot shell and take over its soul. Or something like that. This is probably how I do battle with a lead deathbot who is a slightly lighter color gray than me. We blow up a lot of buildings. We both have ghastly machine gun arms. Some how, everything is wrapped up pretty neatly, aside from I think we may have both been destroyed. Good thing for me I wasn't really a robot.
At this point I find myself in a giant taxi, still at night, and the dream takes a decidedly cross-country turn which really doesn't make much sense, but it was basically just a cameo special of a lot of runner-folk, and I think Ferris State was involved.

Dream Two:
Dream Two is a little trickier to pin down in my head, but it is at least fifty times as fucked up. It begins back in Saline where, after some stuff I can't remember, I find my man Adam J. Schrigger sitting in the driver's seat of an enormous red semitruck cab which is parked in the driveway of a house on a steep hill. Turns out he is an employee for some moving company. We decide to leave his truck idling in the drive and stroll down to the dream-version of wilderness park and take a nap on some picnic tables. Soon it is night and we are floating down a river (or maybe just sitting on a wet street?) talking to some kid Adam knows who used to work for the same moving company, and failed to move the very people out who Adam was at that moment supposed to be moving out. Which is all well and good, because now we're in a tiny theatre, and I am sitting next to Reverend Jesse Jackson's wife, and beyond her, The Rev himself, who actually in this case looks and speaks more like Don King. In the row behind me is Schrier, someone forgettable, and OJ Simpson. And in the final row, some forgettable people... and Nicole Brown's mother. What ensues is a low key but none-the-less IN-FUCKING-SANE conversation, which I don't really care to sort through. Suffice it to say, nothing made sense. Which brings us to the final leg of our journey, which unfortunately is near impossible to properly explain. I think the basic group I just spoke of and I were now in an episode of some supposedly cool TV show, but today's episode was kind of teh suck. We stroll down a dirt road into a seemingly empty town, which is actually inhabited by some weird cartoonish ghost children who are impervious to bullets but can manipulate nonghostworld matter at will... which seems to be why they are flying around with very shiny and sharp looking things in their hands. I don't think they were outright trying to kill us, but they certainly could have. That is, until I went all crazy and just grabbed one by his sharp, shiny, death-utensil and yanked it away from him, accidentally impaling his finger with a shard of its pointyness in the process. I was actually very upset about this, as I had not wanted to harm anyone, and though still very silvery, the child was seeming to become more real and upset himself. That's about where that dream leaves off.

Dream Three:
Dream three is a family vacation/reunion in Chicago. FUTURE CHICAGO! Just in case you're wondering, FutureChicago is a tall, golden city on the opposite shore of Lake Michigan from the location where Actual Chicago currently resides. There have also been some interesting seismic happenings, as the view into Lake Michigan is littered with an array of dazzling cliffs and other rock formations. As for the rest of the dream, it's actually far less fucked up than most of my BEHOLD, THE FUTURE dreams, but it takes place mostly in a fancy, futuristic hotel type building, and there are probably some strange creatures, beautiful women, and objects-once-inanimate-turned-creature-battlers. Most notably, no crocodiles or werewolves.

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home