monkeypuke --- the sort of blog only kyle's mom would read

Monday, January 30, 2006

With Orson Welles as Unicron

Ugh. Content. This blog needs content. Something which I am, at present, loathe to provide it, so don't expect any in the following paragraphs. I did have a decent weekend though, so I guess I'll start with that. It was brief, and tasted like cavities... and heart disease.

Hmm, upon further review, perhaps my weekend was only so-so. Although the source of the cavities and heart disease was The Parlour (aka the Jackson Dairy) and its crazy delicious ice cream. The main thing you need to realize about this place, aside from the general goodness, is that their servings are about the size of a human head. Now I was never the greatest at "math" as it were, but I'm pretty sure that's gotta be, what, about five gallons? Yeah. Anyway, it's a tradition I decided to revive on the way back from a track meet at Albion. Back in the day we always used to stop at the Parlour on the way back from track meets and somewhere along the way that got lost. So there you have it; Coach Walline is here to put gluttony and junk food back in competitive running, where they belong. It's called thinning the herd, people, get with the program.

The only real problem with the Jackson Dairy, as far as I can tell, is that it's in Jackson, and that after consuming several bathtubs worth of dairy, someone has to drive the half hour back to the deuce... or fall asleep at the wheel and die trying. Hmmm. Still, a few human lives is a small price to pay for a parfait that's tall enough to ride the raptor at Cedar Point. Wait, no, $4.75 is a small price to pay. I don't know what I was thinking.

Sigh. The rest of Saturday was spent in a dairy-induced coma of sorts, during which a number of violations were visited upon myself by my most vile enemy: Alf Myself. Most notable among these violations was the forced viewing of 1986 animated blockbuster, Transformers: Teh Movie, with Robert Stack, Orson Welles, and Leonard Nimoy (as Galvatron). That seems to have had some effects which I currently perceive as both negative and lasting. Although... when it's not busy being inferior to the TV version in nearly every way imaginable, the movie can actually be sort of hilarious. Allow me to demonstrate.
"Me, Grimlock, not nice dino! Me bash brains!"


Anyway, I'm off to practice now. I think we'll play freeze tag for a warm up today.
And then maybe I'll spend some quality time figuring out a good reason why I shouldn't be kicked out of the gene pool. Then again, maybe that's something best left between me and my CA/HA 220 professor.

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home