monkeypuke --- the sort of blog only kyle's mom would read

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Greetings from March, in Tropical Michigan

Here I am. I'm back. Sorry it's been a while, but I had to go see about a girl. I think she totally wants to make out with me.

Anyway.

I hope everyone's been well. Everyone I haven't seen/talked to in the real world, that is. Also, although this has been chronicled and blogged elsewhere in the deucosphere*, I got my ass a new website. It's called Rogue Rube. It sells dumb running t-shirts through spreadshirt. If anyone wants one let me know and I'll take my commission off it so it's cheaper. Because you and me, we're homies like that.

Word.

Ok not actually anyone. Just the people I like. I do have internet spies, but I don't really know who all reads this thing. So don't get any wise ideas, Miss Ambrossio.

Moving on. Today is the last indoor track practice for Coach Walline and his merry band of Spirit of Pre distance misfits. As you can probably guess from the last time something like this happened, I'm a little bit sad, but mostly because I know I won't get to coach in the summer/fall, which is kinda my favorite. To lighten our hearts, Coach Landon and I decided the last day will be some sort of obstacle course relay extravaganza, and that Coach Ceo will bring candy. It's sure to be a horrible fucking mess, but off the record, I don't really care.

Speaking of the kiddies, the powers that be have suddenly seen fit to give them the GD facebook, and to let them run wild into the college facebook. As an alleged role model and pillar of my community I can say for sure that there are things lurking about the college facebook that many parents would not want their impressionable young ones exposed to. Namely myself, and my various unsavory associates, like yourselves. Anyway, I accidentally accepted the first one to befacebookfriend me and so now have tens of high schoolers, some of which are pretty cool, but again some of which who never drew a single breath in the 1980's, waiting impatiently in facebook-friend limbo. They make mean eyes at me for not being their internet stalking enabler. It makes me sad. Soon they'll realize that I just use them for the ultimate frisbee.

I kid. Still, that was far too many words to have dedicated to the facebook. I feel I should make up for it by closing with a few other words that speak to powerful and deep seeded human instincts and responses:

...Penguins are coming.




Oh yeah, and to you, Michigan Winter, I say, so long, and thanks for all the mud. You whore.


* Deucosphere (ds' -sfr) n. That chunk of imaginary internet space which claims Ann Arbor as its center.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger melanie said…

    There are so many t-shirt choices! How ever will I pick one??

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger reno mac said…

    the same way porcupines have sex... very carefully.

    har har

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger a. said…

    big pluses for the use of the word "arborsphere"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home